Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Workin' Girl

"For anyone who's ever won.  For anyone who's ever lost.  And for everyone who's still in there trying."  -->Working Girl Tagline
    So I finished day 2 (paid day 3) at my new job.  Yesterday was good other than being yelled at by a customer.  Sorry dude...it's not my fault you didn't have proper ID for those cigs.  The assistant manager and store manager were both working, and when he started yelling that he was going to call the cops on us for refusing him service, they came to the front and told him the same thing that I told him.  What was really funny about the ordeal, was that he kept telling me to call the cops for him.  Uh...no.  If you would like to call them, be my guest, but if you think that I am going to dial that phone for you, you're an idiot.  I work at a gas station, that does not mean that I work for you.  People are so funny, aren't they?
     Today was good.  Half my customers speak very little or no English, so my poor managers (and sometimes other customers) have to translate for me.  "No habla Espanol?  Por que?"  Better question, why are you in the US and you don't speak English?  At least no one has gotten short with me because of it that I know of.  

     I hope this doesn't sound like I am complaining.  I really do enjoy this job, and being out of the house has been fabulous!  My boss and bosslady are really quite wonderful, and I get all the free Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew that my little heart desires!  
     Well, I work at 8 tomorrow, so I better get off here so B and I can get started on a movie!  Thanks for listenin!

 "If you can speak three languages you're trilingual.  If you can speak two languages you're bilingual.  If you can speak only one language you're an American." -->Author Unknown

Wonderful Me

2 comments:

  1. I got a customer once that yelled at me for not knowing Spanish. Talk about livid...I wanted to be like WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE??! What a piece of work.
    Anyway, free Dew? Sweet! All you need now is a Taco Bell attached to the gas station and you're all set. :)
    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool dude, we have taquitos! ;) Miss your face!

    ReplyDelete