Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lifes Changes

"Life can either be accepted or changed.  If it is not accepted, it must be changed.  If it cannot be changed, then it must be accepted." -->Unknown
    Well, it is official.  B is getting med-boarded, and he is pissed.  For those of you who aren't "Military Fluent", that means he is being medically discharged against his will.  Fortunately he will be medically retired because of how long he has been in the Army.  According to the docs, he should receive 100% retirement and 100% disability.  We'll see if it goes through like that though.  Sure would help us keep on top of everything though.  
     Supposedly the whole process should take a year or so, but B says that if they're going to kick him out, he wants them to expedite it.
     I'm not really sure where we're going to go from here.  We've already moved across the country a few times within the past 12 months, so yeah.  Just like any other day really.  But, my mom is really excited for us to come up to Colorado and stay with her so B can help K with the haying and then go fishing whenever he wants.  Then I can go to Nursing School while she watches Izzy for me.  Sounds like a really good plan, if you ask me, but we'll have to see what B wants to do as well.
     Honestly I think this will be a blessing in the long run.  The docs told him that one more head injury could kill him, so I'm guessing the Army life isn't meant for him anymore.  Plus he shouldn't miss seeing Izzy for a year at a time anymore.  That's a big plus!
     Hopefully I'll get to work at my new job for a while before we have to move though.  Sure would be nice to get out of the house for a while and help bring in a little money.  That may just be me dreamin' though. 


"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."  -->Pericles
That's all for now!  Thanks for listenin'!

Wonderful Me

No comments:

Post a Comment