Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Skirts To The Wind


"I believe that everything happens for a reason.  People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you can appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." -->Marilyn Monroe

  Ahh, Marilyn Monroe.  I quote her today because I felt like I was in a nightmare version of her photoshoot.  Stupidly, I decided to wear a dress today, and while waiting outside of the Municiple Building for B, the wind picked up.  And took my dress right along with it.  Lucky me, there were quite a few people gathered there today for court hearings  Wonderful.  
  You're probably wondering why I was waiting outside of the Municiple Building today.  B was pulled over and given a citation for speeding and no insurance (proof of insurance card was expired, but we have always had insurance) so I met him over there to give him a new POI card proving that we've had coverage at least since Dec. and it's valid until June.  He was given three choices:  Pay the fine, fight it, or go to defensive driving school.  He decided on the defensive driving school since it was $135 and the ticket would have been (with the insurance issue all cleared up!) $760.  And no, he wasn't driving at the speed of sound.  Nor was he jumping his car over traffic.  (I was asked both of these.)  He was going 16 over the speed limit.  Not really sure how that justifies a $760 ticket though. 

   Well, I think that's about all for today! 


"Ever notice how 'What the Hell' is always the right answer?" -->Marilyn Monroe

Thanks for listenin!
Wonderful Me

1 comment:

  1. $760?? Man, Texas ain't playin' around. lol

    I'm sorry your dress decided to fly. Hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete