Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Texas Chapter

     "The real name of Texas is…BAJA OKLAHOMA"
         ~~>>A special something for those of you I know from Texas :)
                 (...and that means you, Ben)

     Welcome to my new blog!  Yes, I know, I only had a couple of short posts on my other blog about NC, but we just weren't there long enough! 
     Do ya like my new title?  Okay, so it is slightly dramatic, but hey!  After the last six months we have had, I suppose I'm allowed to be a little dramatic. 
     El Paso really isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  We moved here December 1, 2010 and so far we've only had our Christmas puppy stolen out of our yard, a rock smash my windshield (it literally came out of nowhere), and two men tried to break into my back yard while my hubs was at work.  Not too shabby if I say so myself!  On the other side of the fence, my neighbors are wonderful!  They scared off the men, and helped me look for my stolen puppy.  My Uncle's step-daughter and her family live down here and are a GOD SEND (thank you Jesus!), I (somehow) started a team for the "Race For The Cure" of about 12 people (thanks to a lady I met online) who raised over $700 in one week!, my family only lives nine hours away, and I might have a job lined up!
    It seems as though the Army wives down here have a lot more going on than the majority of the ones I knew in Fairbanks, AK.  Perhaps it's because they're a little closer to civilization, but regardless of why, it's quite encouraging.  I am really getting pumped up to start college and get a real career started.  If I get this job, they even help their employees with furthering their education!  (I might even take up Spanish classes) Keep your fingers crossed that they hire me!
   A few weeks ago they practically declared a state of emergency due to the weather, but I'm convinced that should have been done a while back due to bad drivers but -7 feels like home to us!  I have decided that was God's way of welcoming us to Texas.
   Well, I better wrap this up, but if anyone has advice for this borderland refugee newly Texas resident, by all means...SHARE!

Thank you all for listenin'!

Friendly,

Wonderful Me

No comments:

Post a Comment