Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Recovery



"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."     ~Maria Robinson

     This is the aftermath of our great storm.  I have done quite a bit of soul searching and have decided some things need to change.  Finally I splurged on that Women's Devotional Bible that I have had my eye on for months.  In reading from the Bible daily, I will also journal on my thoughts, feelings, and lessons learned.  Tomorrow begins my search for a local church.  Four years is far too long to go without a church home and family. 
     My mom told me that when my grandmother was putting her will together, she asked the lawyer if she should include my grandfather's children in her will since he included her children in his.  The lawyer told her that he has seen some people split everything equally, while others seperated out their belongings how they felt it was due.  He said that when the children of those who left their belongings unequal asked him why they didn't get what they thought they should have, he told them that perhaps they weren't the son or daughter they thought they had been.  Perhaps I haven't been the child of God that I should be, and I'm taking active steps to change that.
     Tomorrow I will begin reading a book my uncle told me about.  It is called "I am not but I know I am."  He said that it would probably be beneficial to me, so I'm going to take his word on that, and read it.
     We have had a pretty good recovery so far and I am praying that we continue in the direction we're currently headed.
     I love B more than I ever thought it was possible for a woman to love a man.  He is my exception and shall be treated as such.




"Sometimes when you think you are done, it is just the edge of beginning. Probably that's why we decide we're done. It's getting too scary. We are touching down onto something real. It is beyond the point when you think you are done that often something strong comes out."    ~Natalie Goldberg
Thanks for listenin'!

Friendly,

Wonderful Me

No comments:

Post a Comment