Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ninja Momma

"A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self.  And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships."  ~Victoria Secunda
     My mom is a ninja. 
   I realized this earlier today when I was talking to her about my two year old daughter.  She was shocked that Izzy was refusing to take a nap considering she woke up vomiting at 4AM this morning.  She told me I should go lay with her until she falls asleep, and then sneak out. 
   For as long as I can remember, my mom has been a master at doing things while I have been sleeping without waking me.  Whether she was playing tooth fairy, or just promised to lay with me until I fell asleep...I never woke up.  Not once.  I have even watched her do this with Izzy.  Perhaps I am just clumsy, but I honestly think my mom was a ninja in a past life.
   What a wonderful way to start out a day, don't you think?  Vomiting.  My poor little girl.  This isn't the first time since we moved to TX that this has happened.  She doesn't have a bug or the flu.  My guess is she is having trouble with acid reflux or it's nerves.  My husband struggled with both growing up, and come to find out, so have many others in his family.  We have a doc appointment scheduled for her this week for a physical to okay her for preschool.  I'm definitely going to bring this up with her doc.  My biggest fear is that she might asperate one of these times.
   Izzy finally fell asleep about 45 minutes ago.  I know she was tired.  I am too.  But, I should probably get back to the laundry.  She threw up on quite a few things this morning.

  "A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."  ~Washington Irving

Thanks for listenin'!

Friendly,

Wonderful Me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment