Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Funday


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
                                                                                         -->Proverbs 3:5-6
     Earlier I was reading my friend's blog and found out that her and her hubbie found a new church in their new town.  I truely admire her love in the Lord and her desire to be with Him in His House on Sundays.  Even when we were all stationed in Alaska together, she was adamant about going every weekend.  Her faith and her perseverence inspires me to be a better Christian woman.  We've had a really tough year and instead of seeking refuge with the Lord, we have just trekked on alone.  My hubbs is a lot better about keeping in touch with the Lord than I am...but church offers more than prayer alone. 
     We went to B's family's church in NC and the sermon was speaking directly to us.  The Preacher Man (also B's cousin) spoke about when times get tough, ask not "what's next?"  Talk to the Lord and ask for relief.  Tell Him you are at the end of your strength and that you need His help and His love.  I'm thinkin' it's time to seriously start the church search! 
     Peace be with you!

Friendly,

Wonderful Me

"Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock."
                                                                   -->Isaiah 26: 3-4

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shoutout, Nicole and sweet words. I miss you so. I came across this quote yesterday and I thought of you: "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved" (Helen Keller). You have had a rough last couple of months, but I'd be willing to bet it's only making you stronger. You're one of the strongest people I know, anyway! As I watched Army Wives, I found myself remembering our marathons and wishing you were closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the quote! Totally made my day! :) I wish that we were closer too. This stinks being on the opposite sides of the country. I really wanted to watch Army Wives, but I am so far behind now that I didn't want to ruin it.

    ReplyDelete