Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I said, "Doctor, ain't there nothing I can take"


"Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret."   --->Miguel Angel Ruiz 
     Izzy had her doc appointment today.  She is a little over three feet tall, 28 pounds, and seems to be healthy.  B was actually able to come to this appointment!  We mentioned Izzy's random 3-4 AM sickness and he's relatively concerned about it.  He started her on antacids just in case, but he also wants to do a CT Scan to make sure that she doesn't have some pressure in her head.  And, he's doing another test to see if it's a heridatory disease that causes ulcers and gastrointestinal problems.  I'm so glad that for ONCE I didn't have to fight with a doctor about her well-being.  It seems like docs these days have a high degree of "I don't give a blank" factor.  It's such a shame.
     So I have to admit that while we were at the doc office, I was really confused why a bunch of people had this black mark on their foreheads.  In fact, the first person I saw with it, I thought it was like a birthmark or something of the sort.  But once you see about 30 more people with the same "birthmark" you start to realize it was probably put there intentionally.  So I thought to myself, "Nicole, what holiday would cause people to have a black cross on their foreheads?  It kind of looks like ash.  Wait, isn't today Wednesday?"  At least I know my post-child bearing brain cells are still relatively useful! 

     Well, that's about all folks!  Have a wonderful rest of your day!

The wounded surgeon plies the steel
That questions the distempered part;
Beneath the bleeding hands we feel
The sharp compassion of the healer's art
Resolving the enigma of the fever chart.
--->  T. S. Eliot
Thanks for listenin'!

Friendly,

Wonderful Me





 

2 comments: