Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fat Lazy Cabbage


"Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education." 
                                                            --> Mark Twain
     Today I tried my hand at making a recipe that my mom sent to me.  It's called 'Lazy Cabbage,' and since you cook it in the Crock Pot, I figured it was right up my alley!  And I was wrong.

      I started out okay.  I mean, at least I had all the ingrediants. 
       Step 1) Shred 1 head of cabbage.......how do you shred cabbage?  Thankfully I had my dear  friend on  the phone at the time.  She googled 'how to shred a head of cabbage' for me. 
       Step 2) Brown hambuger, onion, and taco seasoning. 
  So I did so.  And then asked K "How can you tell if the hamburger is brown when the taco seasoning already turned it brown?"  She told me that you brown the hamburger FIRST.  Oops.  How was I supposed to know that?  It's not like anyone really reads the instructions on the back of the envelope. (This is why I call it 'Fat' Lazy Cabbage.  I didn't drain the grease.
       Step 3) Mix all ingrediants in Crock Pot and let cook on low for 5-8 hours.  Check.

    It really didn't turn out so bad.  It needed more garlic salt...but it wasn't bad.  Not too shabby for a three stepper, right?


"I just get all jacked up when we start cooking."  --->Terry Kath
Thanks for listenin'!

Friendly,

Wonderful Me
       
      

No comments:

Post a Comment