Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Catchin' Up

     No quotes for tonight.  Just me.  Just talkin.  It's been a bit since I last updated ya'll on how we're doing.
     B is doing much better this week.  We had one tough day, but really, who doesn't?  Otherwise, the man I married showed back up.  He helped me with housework, took care of Izzy while I was working, we went for a really nice drive (and had great timing with a firework show!!!)  Then we headed to the park with Izzy and one of our dogs.  He cooked us dinner a couple of times, and breakfast this morning!  Gah!  I love this man, and I have missed him terribly!  He has a doc appointment this week, and they may have a little more info about his Med-Boarding stuff.  I'll let ya'll know what we find out.

     I fixed the garbage disposal today.  B broke it this morning doing dishes.  He had the music up so loud he didn't realize that he left the disposal switch on, and....then it stopped working.  But me, the oh-so-handy Army Wife that I am, fixed it.  With the help of my momma. 

     Although our family has been doing really well this week, I do have some prayer requests if ya'll don't mind. 

    B came home the other day and said a soldier down here raped his 4 month old daughter and also gave her an STD.  I guess we're #1 in the country for sexual assualts on children.  Makes me sick.  But please, pray for that poor little girl.
    A friend of ours is due on Monday and she's miserable.  Pray for a healthy baby and healthy momma, and that the wee one comes SOON!
    And so many of our loved ones are deployed right now.  Pray for their safety and for their hearts while abroad.

    I came across this blog a few weeks ago.  Talk about a broken heart!  I cry everytime I read a post from her.  Reading her experiences has given me a new look on all of our recent struggles.  If you're ready for a good cry, head on over there.  She is the widow of a Marine who passed away over a year ago.  She just makes me want to try so much harder and just appreciate the fact that B is still here to fight with and to have tough times with.  Sometimes I just want to give her a big hug, and I don't even know her!

Thanks for listenin!

Wonderful Me

2 comments:

  1. i just read a comment you left at karie's blog ("who has it worse?"). hang in there and best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete