Search This Blog

The Texas Chapter

My photo
My name is Nicole and I am new to the South! Getting here was quite an ordeal, but I'm finally here! Safe and sound! In the up coming weeks, I would love to share with you the many adventures of my housewife/motherly failures! Don't be discouraged just yet, they usually come with a side of laughter. So enjoy my blogs and let me know what you think sometimes!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Country Fried

"Don't let rocks in your boots keep you from walking tall."
     Life sure is funny, isn't it?  I was working the other day and my neighbor from Colorado walked in.  After talking to him for a few minutes about his parents, he left.  My co-worker asked me who he is and that started in on a new conversation about my "old life."  Horses.  Apparently he never would have guessed that I was a serious horseback rider.  And now?  Nostalgia.  There are days when all I want to do is sit back, listen to country music, and day dream about riding.  After my run-in with the distant past, my dreams of riding have intensified. 
     I love my life.  Sure, we've had our ups and downs, but all in all...I have a really great life.  But having horses would be heaven on earth!  I'm sure B feels this way about fishing, hiking, and the outdoors in general. 

    B has leave coming up in July.  I'm trying to convince him to head up to my mom's place for a couple of weeks so he can have time to go fishing and hiking.  I know he'd have a great time.  He's thinking about waiting until September, but really...why can't he go both times?  Life is too short to miss out on good things when you have the time.  Time is something he hasn't had much of over the past 11 years.  Cross your fingers that I convince him to go.  They have a catfish pond, live off a river, near a reservoir loaded with fish, and they have a boat to launch.  Plus, they would love to spend some time with him. 

    Anywho...things are quiet here.  And it's FABULOUS! 

That's all for now.  Just a quick update.  See ya'll later!

Thanks for listenin'!

Wonderful Me

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are looking up for you. If I were rich, I'd buy you a horse and a big ole (Texas?) field to ride in.

    ReplyDelete